Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Same, Just Different - 6/19/10 Saturday, day 7

Research groups 8-10:30 – One of the best sessions I have participated in. 10 Qualitative researchers and writers in one room discussing rhetoric, categories, strategies. No extraneous materials. No t tests, no multiple regressions, no correlations.
Data Management 10:30-11:30 – Dr. Carter showed us how to set defaults, running head and page numbers. And, now we know how to find and replace! She also mentions that 2 spaces after a period are acceptable if one is consistent. I think D. Freeman from the July cohort asked that question back in the Fall.
Lincoln 12:30-1:30 – The speaker is Steve Wilson.



I could not understand some of his words.


Lincoln 2-4 – Stimulating discussion. I picked up a couple of books, one by Dr. Charles Hubbard.









Editing with Dr. Norris 4-5 - I listened but I haven’t looked at the materials.
Dinner 6:30 – Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and GRAVY!
09 Skits 7:00 – The skits on MBTI were very creative. June is a very talented group. I am staying in tonight and writing. 

No comments: